The purpose of the W-9 form is to identify the taxpayer in the charge system. This is important as each employee can pay taxes in the amount that corresponds to his/her income.
Who should fill out the W-9 Tax Form?
All US residents are required to submit information about their current TIN to the tax office. This can be done both independently and through your employer. Below are the cases when you need to download the W-9 form fillable 2020:
- report on your income exceeding $ 600;
- inform the IRS of the payments received to you as part of the payment card settlements and third-party network operations;
- declare income from real estate transactions;
- report on your interest on mortgages;
- provide information on individual pension contributions.
Besides, tenants who make an insurance deposit must also fill out this blank.
Which Information should be Provided?
Check the information that you enter in the W-9 form carefully.
- personal data that is identical to the data in the charge return;
- name of employer (a freelancer or an independent contractor);
- if you have any allowances, indicate them;
- registration address;
- contact details of the person initiating this request.
Please note that you must correctly initiate your taxpayer status.
How to fill out the W-9 form via the Internet?
The 2020 Word document is available on the IRS website. The easiest and most affordable way is to use the free PDF editor, which allows you to work and make changes to the document online. Fill online and sign the paper using the signing tool. Check the address to which you will send the completed paper.